It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 09:29 
Новичок

I recently brought in a bit of traffic from reddit and decided to ask them how they were faring. One man in particular decided to quit. He suggested we have someway of letting newer players know that the exits in the new player dungeon lead to other dungeons THAT DO NOT PREVENT YOU FROM DYING. Also this "FPS Protection" is what ultimately made me lose a recruit to the shard it was occurring to him every few minutes and i checked he said the only third party program he was using was razor.

SO here goes my list of suggestions so far.

1: Make a new player guide explaining some base info as the site is currently outdated and old info.

2:Fix the "FPS Protection bug" Or just remove the protection entirely because in my experience no one gains benefit from using a fps smoother. Ive tested it before and you run just as fast as someone not using it and i see no way they could benefit over another player with it. (If i am wrong please correct me.)

3: Make signs within newbie dungeon or block transport to the dungeons of cove, despise etc from it. ( No Warning is causing new players to lose all their gear being camped by what they previously thought were safe mobs to try and kill, leading to players giving up on something that should be so simple and streamlined.)

4: Place the Server IP And Port Smack dab right on the main page of the website. (A lot of players have complained to me they had to fight tooth and nail to find this.)

These reflect not only my opinions but experiences newer English players have brought to me. I Know it cant be perfect or the best. But shouldn't we at least try? ( Will be adding suggestions to this thread as they are brought to me.)

Love your kinda English ambassador,
Shikaya/Fangaria

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 10:17 
Начинающий игрок

I think Shikaya is right. I was particularly surprised when I died in the cementery region (inside the newbie dungeon) making me ghost. Also I was worried if they could take my loot (right now I'm still not sure if they could take it).

I think it's also important make a description about the events in the server, and what are the bonuses for your participation. I found it in the russian forum, but I think there's no description in the english side.

War/Peace projection explanation will be also good.

And about the smooth fps, It will be awesome if we could play with it, because it makes the game much playable, and the FPS Protection makes this program unplayable (right now I don't know if these programs are forbiden, maybe It can be another point).

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 19:48 
Игрок

Thank you for your input guys, it was noted by project head Wap. :)

About FPS protection, I have discussed this with Wap and now will try explain why it can't be just removed. You see UO is a game with animations locked to the framerate and by applying "Smooth FPS" you basically doubling speed of your game compare to others, this cause problems server side. This is just how UO was made at it's core and there is no simple way just fixing it.

Regarding events and overall lack of support for English community of the server - if things will be approved, this will be my job.

Sincerely, Tank
English community manager
(or something like that) :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 19:58 
Новичок

Thank you tank for the answer on the FPS protection. Will Wap keep us updated through you as far as getting that fixed or letting people know somehow when they join the shard the fix for it? (Logging out and back in) Also hoping he keeps us updated through you with all these issues. I hate to see a loss in English players as a population of English players will lead to more growth/donations/etc. And i fully believe this currently is an overlooked shard that has amazing potential.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 20:23 
Игрок

I will do my best to keep you informed. Actually, English community is big topic right now, there will more news on how things go in the future in this direction.

We understand it's potential and we looking forward to advance our efforts in bringing better experience for players. Just note that we are just small group of people that working on this server, on nothing more that passion for Ultima. Staff of the server have their hands full on bringing new features and improving the shard, mostly programming wise.

Well, that's where I come in - dedicated to interact with you guys. You are important to us and we wish make things better for you, until now not really had resources to respond to you properly.

So be free to give us your feedback, I will discuss them with the project lead and provide you with answers as best as I can. :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 23:43 
Новичок

An awesome man, thank you tank. Ive been working on a wikia for us english players fyi.